This Week and Beyond at St Michael's
Welcome to St Michael's.
We continue with our Livestream services on Sundays as we work on refitting our building ready for reopening soon. Everyone is welcome - please use the Contact tab above to get in touch.
Final step of the Government's roadmap may be delayed due to the Delta Variant and our PCC meets this week to decide any immediate actions that will be necessary.
Find us on Facebook (link to the left)
and on our You Tube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBdry9xmw-k0XSHumOckD1w
SUNDAY Trinity 2 June 13th
- 10am Livestream on Zoom: Sung Sunday Eucharist; small team in the building.
- 5 pm Evening Prayer on You Tube Live
Also this week:
- Monday 14th June: Bible Study Group on Zoom - finishing Mark Chapter 4
- Tuesday 15th June: 7.30 pm Book Group on Zoom continues Barbara Pym's Crampton Hodnet
- Wednesday 16th June: 11am Said Eucharist in church - the Covid-19 measures apply
- Also on Wednesday : Parish Church Council meeting 7.30 pm on Zoom
- Friday 18th June 10.30 am Keep fit session on Zoom
- Saturday 19th Work party in church
St Michael's during June 2021:
- Sundays: renovations in the building continue and some next steps are being taken towards reopening the doors on Sunday mornings. During June we remain online with the live-streaming of our main service at 10am each week. In addition a 5pm Evening Prayer will go out on You Tube Live.
- Wednesdays at 11am: A short Said Eucharist is now celebrated in the church building each week. Mandatory use of face coverings, social distancing, hand sanitiser and registration systems are all in place. No social contact between households is allowed. Our legal limit is 23 people. Bring the order of service dowloaded on a mobile device if you can but it is possible to join in without this.
- PCC Resolution - our Parish Church Council has reviewed our official Plan to ease out of lockdown and we have activated Phase Two of Three. This means we have begun our preparations for reopening our building. There will changes in use of technology during June so we can maintain live streaming and accommodate more worshippers in the church building on Sunday mornings.
- Holy Communion: If anyone would like Communion at Home please use the Contact tab above. The Vicar is able to provide Communion for you in a Covid secure way on request.
- Inclusive Church: we are formally affiliated to the Inclusive Church Network - if you scroll to the bottom of this page you will find the logo - click on this and it will take you to a new website providing more details about this.
- We have a resource for praying for the Departed which can be downloaded by clicking here.
- We have a section on how to donate to St Michael's. Use the Info tab above and you will find the entry on Stewardship and a big thank you to all those who support what we do. This has enabled us to carry on developing new ways of supporting and serving one another and our wider community during the lockdown.