This Week and Beyond at St Michael's
This week: rise in Covid-19 cases in our locality so we are not meeting up in person on Wednesday.
The Vicar and the PCC (Parish Church Council) have decided not to open the building until the autumn and then only in a very cautious way. We are currently working through the actions on our Parish Risk Assessment.
To join us on Sundays at 10am or to receive our daily network email simply use the Contact tab above.
Stay alert, save lives and protect the NHS - Hands, face, space!
- Inclusive Church: we are now formally affiliated to the Inclusive Church Network - if you scroll to the bottom of this page you will find the logo - click on this and it will take you to a new website providing more details about this.
- We have a resource for praying for the Departed which can be downloaded by clicking here.
- We now have a section on how to donate to St Michael's. Use the Info tab above and you will find the entry on Stewardship and a big thank you to all those who support what we do. This has enabled us to carry on developing new ways of supporting and serving one another and our wider community during the lockdown.
Sunday 2nd Trinity 8
- 10 am Zoom Live Eucharist for the Trinity Season request an order of service via email if you would like one and are not already on our pastoral network. Our numbers continue to grow each week.
Prayer for this week:
Lord God, your Son left the riches of heaven and became poor for our sake: when we prosper save us from pride, when we are needy save us from despair, that we may trust in you alone; through Jesus Christ our Lord who lives and reigns with the Father and the Holy Spirit, one God for ever and ever. Amen.
No public Morning Prayer this week
Because we have rising numbers of cases of Covid-19 in our area we are not meeting up this week. I will produce a service for use at home to mark the Feast of the Transfiguration on Thursday. If you would like to receive this via our email network please use the Contact tab above.
Saints and Festivals for this Week:
- Thursday 6th: Feast of the Transfiguration - a major feast day in the Christian Calendar. Jesus went up the mountain with his closes associates and was transfigured before them, shining like the sun and beside him appeared Moses and Elijah. Powerful symbolism in this story conveys a message of Jesus' divine nature - a glimpse of future glory in the Gospel narrative. We pray today for a transformation in our lives - inwardly in our minds and souls that we may be light and peace for others, in the circumstances of our lives that we may support one another through this crisis. We pray for our Muslim neighbours facing restrictions in their celebration of Eid at the moment.
Next Week 8th August Trinity 9
- Zoom live at 10 am Trinity Season Eucharist
- The order of service will be sent out to those on our pastoral email network. If you would like to be included please use the Contact tab above to contact us. NB we blind copy recipients in our messages so we protect your privacy.